Praia da Falésia in the Algarve has been named in the top 10 of Tripadvisor’s latest “Best Beaches in the World” ranking. Located in the Olhos de Água fishing village, not far from the Albufeira resort area, and extending for 5.5 kilometres, Praia da Falésia was ranked sixth on the list.
The top beaches ranking is part of Tripadvisor’s Travellers’ Choice Awards, which are determined from millions of reviews submitted by tourists during 2022 and analysed according to the quality and quantity of ratings.
“Golden sands, rugged coastlines, clear blue waters – this year’s winning beaches are traveller faves for everything from lazy beach days to underwater adventures,” noted the travel comparison website.
As for Praia da Falésia, the verdict was, “Gorgeous red sand cliffs lead to the green-blue ocean and a white sand beach that seemingly stretches forever.”
Tripadvisor’s 10 “Best Beaches in the World”
- Baía do Sancho – Fernando de Noronha Island, Brazil
- Eagle – Aruba, Caribbean
- Cable – Broome, Australia
- Reynisfjara – Vik, Iceland
- Grace Bay – Turks and Caicos Islands, Caribbean
- Praia da Falésia – Olhos de Água (Algarve), Portugal
- Radhanagar/Havelock Island – India
- Spiaggia dei Conigli – Lampedusa (Sicily), Italy
- Varadero – Cuba
- Ka’anapali – Maui, Hawaii
The Algarve region consistently finishes high in the rankings of the world’s finest beaches. It was named the “World’s Leading Beach Destination” in both the 2020 and 2021 World Travel Awards, and has more “Blue Flags” than any other region in Portugal.